Finding Health Solutions Right For You
What is the solution to your health?
Is it a journey or a destination? Either way for it to begin there needs to be a step forward. Your own STEP.
What are your goals for your health? What is something to aim for in the short term and the long term? In the time I have worked as a naturopath the best results I have seen have been with people who make goals and take steps towards these goals. We are happy as practitioners to help you design your goals and we are there to guide and support you on your journey.
Little changes happen if we are passive and sit back watching our health deteriorate or stagnate. If you desire to take your health to another level then active changes work, making the right steps to move you closer to your goals.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years time? What vitality, health and happiness will you have when you are older? What would you do and where would you go if you felt well?
If you are depicted as a tree of health then your roots are representative of the nutrition in your life feeding your tree.
Have an honest, constructive assessment of what your tree is getting in the form of:
Sleep quality and quantity
Diet and nutrition
Emotional balance/spiritual balance
Toxicity – alcohol, coffee, drugs, environmental toxins
Exercise – aerobic and strength training
Social life – laughter, happiness and love
Sense of life purpose and sense of confidence
Who do you need on your team to guide you on your journey and help you make changes to facilitate your choice of optimal health or achievement? It could be a family member, friend or specific practitioners.
Here are some little changes you can make today to head you on the right track.
- Eat well
- Sleep well
- Plan a new weekly program of activities and exercise
- Have a massage and some pampering
- Practise meditation and mindfulness
- Enjoy music
- Dance to your heart’s content
Seek out a life coach or counsellor
Be kind to yourself
- Kindness to others
- Helping someone or something
- Do volunteer work
- Find some happiness in your life
Even a little change in the right direction will make a difference.
Imagine a big change.
At the recent 2016 Metagenics Congress "happiness" was spoken about to great lengths by Sonia Lyubomirsky.
According to Sonia happiness takes effort for most but a happy mood enhances helpfulness, creativity and productivity. The take home messages from her lecture this year was:
- Happiness attracts more friends and ultimately makes you happy.
- The peak of happiness is researched to be between 65-75 years of age.
- It is a myth that as we get older we will not be happy.
- It is also a myth that money or marriage will make us happy.
- As we get older people discover what they truly like in life and who they like to be with. Ultimately people become contented. Maybe the earlier we find this the happier we will be.
- Things in life can sometimes appear unfair or miserable but if our personalities can find the happiness and work at sustaining it, this can only make for a happier life that is reflective in our health.
May you find the happiness and solutions within your life
You can start making your NEW GOALS today
Written by Maedy Colenso ND 2016