Action Plan For A Healthy Year
It is a great idea each year to reassess what changes you can make to live a more healthy existence everyday. Let this list remind you, inspire you, reinforce what you choose to do- it is just a guide and may it help you find your own personal list or your own healthy plan for your day.
1. Get up early and exercise. I like to get up and walk the dog and do some core stability exercises. It is great to get some fresh air and see what the day has to offer. Twice a week put a swim in to vary things and stimulate the body. At the end of a walk do some short sprints to bring the body to life. Adjust your exercise to your capability - it might be some breathing exercises, Tai chi or Qi-Gong outside in the fresh air. Avoid things that cause pain or injury.
2. A big glass of clean filtered water to hydrate the body.
3. Clean breakfast - this might be an exciting smoothy or buckwheat cereal or simply a carrot and celery juice. Clean healthy eating in the morning starts the day off well. A herbal tea that suits you. Some days do intermittent fasting - detoxing and rejuvenating.
4. Have purpose to your day- this might be for work or for relaxation.
5. Catch up or talk with some one that makes you smile. This fills your heart, might make you laugh and it spreads love into the world.
6. Connect with animals and plants. This is good for our soul on every level. Watering a garden, cuddling the dog, feeding a bird, sitting by the river watching the ducks.
7. Lunch and Dinner - make them colourful, creative and healthy. Our eyes can pick our food but tune into your stomach and what your body will like and what will give you nutrients and energy for the rest of the day. What will feel good inside and taste lovely too..
8. Use your brain to learn something everyday. This could be a language, dance, musical instrument or study.
9. Respect the screen time and know when enough is enough. Do not use the screen to late at night or if in social situations.
10. Play your favourite music. Music is healing to the soul.
11. Drink water thru out the day to hydrate.
12. Say NO to toxins and sugary food - you will be so proud of yourself.
13. Do not go to bed to late. One half an hour of sleep before midnight is equal to 2-3 hours after midnight.
14. Find still moments to reflect. Quite times are very important. Try meditation
15. Nurture yourself. Have fun.
16. Reflect on the day and give thanks for something special in your day.
17. If not an ideal day then white light tomorrow and your loved ones. Start again tomorrow.
Have a great day - everyday of the year!