Easy Lamb Moussaka - Gluten Free
- 500mg Organic Lamb Mince
- 2 Large Organic Eggplants
- One Jar of Tomato Sauce ( Iga No brand is onion and vinegar free)
- 4 Diced Cooked Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 250g of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Goats Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celcius
- Cook Lamb Mince in Frypan breaking up the lumps. Add Herbs of choice for flavour- like oregano, thyme, basil.
- Add Pasta Sauce and tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes
- Slice the eggplants into rounds and 1/2cm thick. With reluctant Family eggplant eaters , I think cutting them up smaller is a better idea.
- Oil a large Lasagne dish with olive oil
- Layer the eggplant in the bottom of the Lasagne Pan, Top it with the mince then keep going so they are in layers til you run out.
- Whisk the ricotta, eggs and goats milk together with processor. Spread this over the top of the moussaka. Bake covered for about 50 minutes or until the eggplant is soft and the top is brown. Take the top of for the last ten minutes.
- One option for dairy free is to not use the topping (ricotta, egg and milk) but try instead the Quirky cooking White sauce recipe with cashew milk.