200g raw cashews ( soak for a 3-6 hours or over night)
Filtered water to cover cashews for soaking and 1tspn in the base
2 tspns of coconut oil
60g of raw pecans
40gms of shredded coconut
1 tspn of vanilla extract
1 Tbsp of carob powder or cacao powder ( Cacao has caffeine in it)
4 tspn rose water ( you can buy or make with rose petals)
2 tbsp plus 100g pure maple syrup in total
4 pitted dates
1 tspn of beetroot powder( you can buy this or make it by drying slices of beetroot and then grinding it up into powder)
2 1/2 tspns of agar agar (this is vegetarian gelatin alternative)
140ml of lemon juice
200g of organic raspberries ( I use the frozen ones as more economical but fresh organic would be so nice in this)
Fruit to decorate.
1. First thing is to soak the cashews for 3- 6 hours in the filtered water. Then rinse and drain these.
2. Grease a round cheesecake tin. I used a smaller one but you could use a bigger size for a slimmer finished slice. I try not to use much oil and prefer to line the tray with green baking paper.
3. Melt the coconut oil then add to pecans, 40g of shredded coconut, vanilla extract, carob powder ( or cacao if preferred) , 1 teaspoon of rosewater, 1 teaspoon of filtered water, 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 4 dates. Blend in blender, mixer or thermomix. Press this into the prepared tin and put into the refrigerator.
4. For the next layer blend the cashews so they are all crushed up. Then add 80ml of lemon juice, 150g of coconut cream, 100ml of maple syrup,1 teaspoon of agar ager, 2 teaspoons of rose water and one teaspoon of beetroot powder. Blend this all together. I did this in the thermomix using speed 4, 100degrees for 5 minutes. Without thermomix cook in saucepan and stir for 5 minutes as it is cooking. Pour onto of the tin base cover it and place into the refrigerator.
5. Top Layer is like a natural jelly. Blend up 60mls of lemon juice, 200gms of raspberries, 1 tspn of maple syrup, 1 1/2tspns of agar agar, 3 tspns of rosewater. Once it is blended in a thermomix cook for 6 minutes on 100degrees at speed 2. Or stir for 6minutes in a saucepan. Pour on the top of the second layer and put back in the refrigerator covered for at least 2 hours to set properly. Or better still overnight.