monday to saturday by appointment only
(03) 9844 4881
2 Packets of gluten free Leda ginger cookies
100g of dairy free margarine
650g of pumpkin peeled and roughly cut
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of spice( nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves)
1 cup of coconut cream ( not ideal for fructose sensitive)
1/2 cup of raw walnuts
1 1/2 tablespoons of dairy free margarine
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius and grease 20 cm diameter tart tin
2. Cook the pumpkin til soft, drain and leave to cool
3. Place biscuits in food processor and blend til fine crumbs. Add the margarine and mix. Once mixed press into the tin on the base and the sides. Place into the oven for 8 minutes.
4. Puree pumpkin , sugar and spices until smooth. Pour into saucepan and stir until it comes to a boil.
5. Place coconut cream and eggs in bowl and whisk it. Then add to pumpkin mix . Pour on top of base in the tin and return to oven for 30 minutes.
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place walnuts on top. Put in oven for 5 minutes
7. Place sugar and remaining Dairy free margarine in small saucepan and stir over heat til melted and mixed together. Bring to boil and then simmer for 3 minutes. Pour over walnuts. Set aside to cool.
8. You could serve with cashew yogurt or vanilla yogurt. Or coconut cream ( not great if fructose sensitive) mixed with icing sugar.