Pumpkin Soup - DF, GF, Vegan
- 2 kg of Jap Pumpkin, deseeded, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 litres of Water
This can be made two ways, one is to simply put the pumpkin and rosemary in the water and bring to the boil, lower the temperature and simmer until the pumpkin is cooked through. Then use a blender to mash it all together.
Another option is to roast the pumpkin in the oven with some oil (preferably Olive or Macadamia) - boil the water and herbs separately. Once the pumpkin is cooked blend with the herbs and water to complete the soup.
The true taste of this can depend on the type of pumpkin used, organic pumpkin gives a stronger flavour.
4 extra options an be added to change the taste of the soup:
- Ginger - 4 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 4 Garlic cloves and two onions (be aware that these are high in fructose)
- 2 tablespoons of coriander.
Serve with pepper and Himalayan salt for taste.
This is such a simple soup and yet it is so yummy.