1 medium jap pumpkin baked with olive oil and cooled in the fridge
1 3/4 cups of plain gluten free flour
1 teaspoon of ground Himalayan salt
4 tablespoons of sage finely cut
Sauce - Sage 2 tablespoons, 1 garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of gluten free flour, goats feta 250grm, 1/2 cup of rice milk
1. Bake the pumpkin with the skin on and then let it cool in the fridge overnight. Cut the skin off. Mash the pumpkin
2. In a bowl put flour, egg, salt, sage and mashed pumpkin. Mix until it forms a dough. Add more flour if needed.
3. Roll the dough and then cut into sections. Each section roll into approximately 2cm rolls and then cut into gnocchi size pieces. Roll into balls and place on plate with baking paper. Place balls separately so they do not stick to each other. Refrigerate for a few hours at least.
4. When ready to cook use frypan and place some olive oil at the bottom of the fry pan and heat the oil. Lightly fry each of the balls and as they are cooking gently flatten the balls so they are fully heated thru.
5. To cook the sauce I placed all sauce ingredients in blender. Once blended place in small saucepan and heat thru.
6. Once all the pumpkin balls are cooked place in serving plate and pour the heated sauce over the top to serve. Enjoy