Leek And Thyme Soup
- 1800g of leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 900g of sweet potato
- 230ml of olive oil
- 2 large sprigs of fresh thyme plus extra for garnish
- 600ml of rice milk
- Salt and pepper
This is a filling and warming soup. It can be blended or it can be served as a chunky soup.
1. Top and tail the leeks. Strip away all coarse outer leaves and wash thoroughly under cold running water. Chop into circular pieces.
2. Cut the sweet potato into rough 2.5cm cubes.
3. Put the oil in a pan and add the leeks, sprigs of thyme and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
4. Add the sweet potato and just enough water to cover the vegetables. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
5. Pour in milk and season with pepper. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes.
6. Remove the sprig of thyme as most of the leaves by now should have fallen into the soup.
7. Serve as is or blend up in a processer until smooth. For garnish add a small sprig of thyme.