Jack And The Magic Bean Chocolate Cake
This is sweet and a treat but it shows a really interesting way of doing gluten free dairy free baking. It is not caffeine free and it is very rich.
- 400g tin of Kidney beans
- 1 tbsp. of Water
- 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 5 eggs
- 70 g of cacao powder or carob
- 1 1/2 tsps. of gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup of Rice Bran oil or Macadamia oil
- 170g raw sugar
Put oven to 180 degree Celsius and grease smallish round cake tin. In the food processor mix beans, water, vanilla and eggs. Add cacao, baking powder, salt, oil and sugar and process all the mixture. Pour into cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup carob or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tbsps. of soft coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
Mix together and put on cool cake. I put crushed almonds and fresh strawberries on top. Refrigerate. With this kind of frosting it is best kept in the fridge and eaten within a day.