How to improve health yet reduce supplements.
Within the clinic the naturopaths see many conditions from chronic disease, adrenal exhaustion, hormonal imbalance, anxiety, diabetes, stress, allergies and more.
It is so refreshing when people make big changes to improve their health. Each appointment you can learn so much about your individual body yet more importantly you have the knowledge to empower your decisions to make things change for you for the better.
As you improve your requirement for supplements will reduce. You may even consequently talk to your doctor in some cases to reduce your orthodox medicines too if possible.
What are the changes in your life that make the difference to your health:
Avoiding or reducing toxins -
- Bisphenol A ( BPA) -Used in white fillings, lining of cans, plastic food containers, tetra packs, baby bottles, cash register recipes. this product is carcinogenic and also a hormonal disruptor with links to infertility estrogen dominance and diabetes. Heating of these products is particularly bad such as using microwaves and hot food in plastics.
- Benzenes -Deodorizes used in domestic and public toilets. Air fresheners, moth balls and is found in some pharmaceutical creams. It is a widely used as an industry chemical. It is found in crude oil and gasoline. Some say one way of reducing it is by driving with car windows shut in high traffic areas. It is used to make plastics, synthetic fibres , rubber lubricants , dyes, detergents and pesticides. It is linked to liver and nerve damage.
- Phthalates-Phthalates are a group of chemicals found in hundreds of products such as furniture, toys, PVC, vinyl flooring and wall covering, detergents, lubricating oils, food packaging, pharmaceuticals, blood bags, tubing and personal care items such as nail polish , hair sprays, after shave lotion, rain coats, soaps, shampoos and perfumes. They are linked to hormonal imbalances. Other conditions linked to phthalates are asthma, obesity, breast cancer, diabetes, low IQ, male infertility and even autism.
- Alcohol-read more on alcohol
- Caffeine -Caffeine is found in coffee, black tea, green tea, chocolate, cocao, chai, caramel, coke and nutella.
- Perc ( Perchloroethylene or Tetrachloroethelene) -This is found in dry cleaning fluids, paint removers, printing inks, glues, sealants, polishes and lubricants. This is a potential carcinogen and has links to numerous cancers.
- Asbestos -We all know that it can be in building materials and walls but it is also found in break pads and clutches and vinyl tiles. Be very aware of this when renovating or building.
- Round Up ( Formaldehyde) -Use natural pesticides only and wash all new clothes before wearing them. Buy natural fabrics where possible.
- Deha-This is found in plastic wrap and PVC plastics.
- Exercise - combination of cardio, stretching and relaxation.
- Omega 3 fatty Acids - remember wild fish eat the algae which gives the proper omega 3. Fish from farms are fed corn and soy and will not have omega 3.
- Fiber - do not lose the fiber in foods by juicing them or blending them up. Eat the vegies and fruits whole.
- Micronutrients - the more we eat of organic foods that contain lots of vitamins, minerals and trace elements the less supplements we require. This can be hard at some times due to our soils being deficient in nutrients.
- Relaxation - down time and fun.
- Organic grass fed meat - instead of meat fed grains.
- Quality sleep - more hours before 12 midnight are worthwhile.
- Loving relationships
- Sunlight - for Vitamin D.
- Fresh air - and time in nature.
- Work life balance
- Water - quality and amount.
- Rotation of grains - buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa, rice, spelt and sourdough.
- Electric magnetic radiation - do not have Wifi going all day and night. Avoid mobile phones near your head when you are sleeping.
- Trans Fats - deep fried food where the old fats have been reused.
- Branch Chain amino acids - leucine, isoleucine and valine.
- Omega 6 - ( plant oils and polyunsaturated oils)
- Oxalates and sulphites
- Food additives and colourings -eg. MSG, Aspartame.
- Abusive relationships
- Wheat gluten
- Processed soya and corn
- Farmed Chicken
- Grain fed meat
- Chewing Gum
- Emulsifiers - recently at a seminar they talked of these as being like detergents (polysorbate- 80, carboxymethylcellulose) which can lead to inflammatory bowel disease and autoimmune disorders.
- Table salt
- Nitrates - processed red meat.
All these make a difference - some people change a little at a time, some people change their lives but all of it helps. In conclusion it is not positive to live in a bubble but if you can do more of the positives and less of the negatives then you are making wise decisions that lead ultimately to better health as you get older in mind, body and soul. Bring out the best in your genetic profile and do not let your genes be your destiny. Changing your environment inside and outside your body can change your health forever.
You will find the more you follow this protocol the better you will feel and less supplements will be required.
Knowledge of health gives you the power to make decisions to feel well and have energy.