Balancing your carbohydrates and protein
The majority of Australians eat cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, biscuits for snacks and pasta or potato with dinner. This might sound healthy eating for some, but do you realize that most of these foods are classified as carbohydrates and when digested break down to sugar. Sugar is needed for energy however as a nation we are eating far to much and not enough protein foods or vegetables.
Try as a family to lower your carbohydrate consumption like pasta, pastry, biscuits, cereal , breads, lollies, soft drinks and sugar and increase the protein foods like fish, nuts, meat, turkey, seeds and eggs in your diet. This can be discussed and worked out specifically with your practiioner but it is amazing how much more vibrant you feel and how much excess weight you can loss by simply reducing your carbohydrate load and increasing your protein. Most people do not have to do this to extremes to get results. Try for example to avoid high carbohydrate foods for two meals in you day. Listed below are some lower carbohydrate meal ideas you can start today;
1. Eggs in the form of omelette using herbs, tomato, fetta cheese, salmon and spinach leaves but no toast
2. Make a cereal from simply nuts, seeds, coconut, fesh blueberries, raspberries, kiwifruit and canteloupe
3. Make a vegetable juice (carrot, celery, beetroot and ginger) and then have some almonds mid morning
1. Vegetable soup like pumpkin
2. Salad with avocado, turkey, lettuce, cheese, olives, tomato, green beans and lemon juice
1. Fish and vegies or salad
2. Meat and vegies
This can be assessed and discussed fully and individually with your Naturopathic practitioner. It is not right for everyone. Remember with education about nutrition we are halfway there, therefor we can make more educated choices when we choose our food. It is all about balance and finding out what makes you feel fantastic.
TURN BACK AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE!!!